San Bernardino County
Under the supervision of the Lead Medical Director, this position is responsible for the medical care of Care Partners Medical Group PACE participants in a medical clinic setting
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide medical care to PACE participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of their medical conditions, including but not limited to taking of a medical history, performance of physical examination, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests, formulation of an assessment of condition and a treatment plan, writing prescriptions, ongoing follow up of case management
- Document medical care in the participants’ medical record, in compliance with PACE documentation policies
- Provide after-hours medical coverage as assigned by the Chief Medical Office to assure that a physician is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year (Medical Director may be involved with establishing the schedule for said coverage)
- Participate within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for PACE participants
- Presents input into, initiates and/or facilities new medical programs and processes in support of PACE’s strategic goals
Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Osteopathy (DO) degree required
- Must be Board-Certified in the State of California
- Preferably 1-3 years experience in related field (internal medicine/geriatrics)
- Working knowledge of community clinic/health center operations.
About the Company:
Care Partners Medical Group is a partner with PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) to redefine senior care. Each participant works with a team of medical experts to develop a care plan that is personalized and regularly updated to meet their evolving medical and social needs. Senior care is not ‘one size fits all,’ which is why each participant has a customized PACE experience to meet their individual needs.
Care Partners Medical Group Sacramento PACE opened in June 2020 and serves seniors in the Sacramento area. The center features a winding hallway that includes historic California art. The center also has a clinical exercise program and a program for participants to learn more about the Internet and social media so they can stay digitally connected to friends and family. The outdoor patio is a participant favorite, hosting activities like morning Tai Chi, tea parties and afternoon gardening. Other popular events are karaoke and the annual three-day luau, which includes a Hawaiian barbeque, live Polynesian dancers, limbo, and more.
- Quality of Life – Monday through Friday daytime schedule
- Benefits – Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including paid days off
- Education – CME allowance & paid CME time off, ongoing online and in-person training
- Development – Mentoring from the Care Partners Medical Group PACE clinical leadership team
If you have any questions, you can contact 949-572-4873